Almost all houses have gutters. All houses need gutters. Gutters are like windshield wipers on a car – you rarely think about them until it rains or snows and then you realize how important it is to be able to move the precipitation off of the windshield so that you can see to drive. Chances are good that you think about the importance of windshield wipers more frequently than the gutters on your house. Gutters tend to blend in to the aesthetic of your house. But if something goes wrong—extreme weather or a tree limb falling on your house—you may have little choice but to pay attention to an unforeseen gutter issue. Refuge Roofing & Siding is available to solve your gutter issue. The many benefits of gutters include the following:
- When properly installed, gutters move rainwater away from the foundation of your house, which means that the soil around your home remains more stable and your foundation is much less likely to develop structural problems or leaks caused by erosion.
- Stable soil, assisted by a reliable gutter system, can be instrumental in preventing flooding of basements and underneath your house.
- Gutters prevent damage from being done to your home’s siding.
- Our gutter installation process can help prevent stains caused by rain and snow to brick and stone masonry.
- Good gutter installation moves water away from your house in such a way as to reduce the likelihood of problems—cracking and settling, for instance—to sidewalks, patios, and your driveway.
Importance of Gutter System Maintenance and Repair
There are also numerous issues that can happen if gutters are improperly installed and/or maintained, but Refuge Roofing & Siding can help you with those problems too. If you do not or cannot clean your gutters frequently enough, debris can prevent the efficient movement of water through the gutter system. In cold weather, heavy snows can lead to ice dams forming in your gutters, which not only damage your gutter systems but run the risk of forcing moisture under your roof and into your living space.
Gutters are integral to the long-term welfare of your home, and they are also very easy to overlook. We strongly recommend that you do not ignore your gutters. If you are thinking of upgrading or need repairs to your current gutter system, we would be happy to help you. If you have questions or would like a free quote, call Refuge Roofing & Siding at 651-PRO-ROOF and we will schedule a convenient time to take a look at your gutter system.